Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thanks So Much

Simon Monday Challenge is ''D is for Distress'' - so I chose to use my distress inks and play a bit.  A friend sent me this peacock stamp a while back from Inkadinkado (I'm pretty sure it's discontinued since I couldn't find it online).  Using Tim Holtz inks in Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and, of course, Peacock Feathers, I rubbed them in kind of an arch using a sponge.  I went back over spots to add more colour.  I was surprised at how vibrant the Peacock Feathers goes on, but I liked it.  Afterwards, I sprayed the entire piece using a Mini Mister and dried it using my heat tool.  I tool a TH distressing tool to rough up the edges and then inked it with Shabby Shutters.  In one corner I added a flair that had begun to rust.  I added a couple MME enamel dots in the top right corner of the image.  And below I added the simple ''thanks so much'' sentiment using VersaFine in Majestic Blue.  It feels good to get your hands dirty once in a while.  :)  Thanks for the challenge!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete