Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Color Palette Challenge and Xmas All Year


Hope your week is off to a good start!  My mojo is still going and so is my Christmas spirit.  Yesterday I made 4 more cards for my collection and another one for MFT's Color Palette Challenge (skip to bottom of post).

I made this one for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club - Sketch #165

I love the dark red paper and kraft.  I chose this pattern paper because of the subtle stars (MME Lost & Found Christmas).  The Kodomo No Kao Super Gold embossing goes well with this, as does the chevron glitter tape (gift from my friend, Cheri).  A few odd bits and it's simple but sparkly.


Simon Wednesday Challenge called for pearls.  How easy was that?  I created two cards for this challenge.  I have wanted to use this awesome Christmas tree sentiment for the longest time.  Although I originally wanted to make one with rhinestones, I really like the pearls.  (I'll probably make another version next time.)  Since I popped up the circle with Sticky Stuff, I popped up this star gem with mini dots.  A big chocolate bow to finish it off.



The other pearl one became a mishmash of bling and buttons.  After stamping one of the trees from the PTI's Tree Trimming Trio, I placed the pieces on top and filled the spaces.  Afterwards, I added microbeads with glossy accent.  (Word to the wise, pour slowly to avoid bouncing microbeads everywhere...quite the disaster really.)   Later, after it dried, I sprayed it with hairspray to try and get the beads to stay better and I think that worked.  I used the coordinating sentiment and embossed with Kodomo no Kao Super Gold embossing powder.



The last Christmas card just happened when I found this embossed deer in my Authentique paper pad.  He's definitely been embossed with Super Gold, but the sad thing is he's probably been in my pad for over two years when I made my 12 Tags of Christmas.  So I thought it was time to put him to use.  Using my Spellbinders, I diecut the striped paper using the Circles Small.  Then I diecut the red paper with the regular circle and a medium scalloped circle die to get this lovely border.  I was inspired by my friend, Nicole, aka scrapology.  This deer comes from the Prima North stamp set, along with the other stamps used on this project. 


2014 Xmas Cards To Date = 7

My Favorite Things does a Monthly Color Palette Challenge now and I was able to participate in the latest one.  The colours were Kraft, Sweettooth, Lemon Drop, and Blu Raspberry. 


You could do anything you wanted with this combo.  I came across the You Move Me stamp set as I was looking for something and, as usual, I was drawn to it.  I love all the sentiments in this set.  They are so fun and playful and can be used for a lot of different occasions - cuz they're old-fashioned mushy.  :)  So I took it out and today when I got home I was able to play with it.  I decided instead of doing a lot of layering, I would go for simple.  One coordinating diecut label and some felt clouds with a rocket - and the rest was stamping.  For some reason, I had slippery fingers tonight.  I managed to mess up in a few different places and could only cover up two of them.  Alas, it was just one of those days.  But I am still happy with this card.  I love that this Doodletwine matches perfectly.  Thanks for the colour combo! 

Looking forward to the new challenges from My Favorite Things and Simon Says.  I'm on a roll...so maybe I should have went with the ''Just Roll With It'' sentiment from the latter set??  lol...there's always next time.  Another day, another card. 

Goodnight, ladies and gents! 
Sherri

Supplies:  Stamps & Dies:  MFT - You Move Me, Seasonal Sentiments; PTI - Tree Trimming Trio; Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities.  Cardstock - MFT Blue Raspberry, Other.  Ink - Autumn Leaves Black Onyx, VersaMagic Gingerbread, VersaMagic Turquoise Gem, Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy, PTI Lemon Tart, VersaMark.  Other:  Kodomo no Kao Super Gold Embossing Powder, DoodleTwine, Felt, Pearls, Rhinestones, Microbeads, Buttons, Ribbon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment