Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hey Foxy!

It was a foxy kind of day!  :)  The Color Throwdown #283 called for grey, orange, and green.  I was thinking about what I could stamp and I suddenly thought…I could make a fox card.  I just love the image from Kelly Purkey's Hey, Foxy stamp set (I've seen a lot of other cute ones around too, but I just have the one).  I had two completely different trains of thought, so I decided to just make two!  Both cards also follow Mojo Monday's sketch #336.



Foxy card number one features watercolour using my brush pen and Stampin Up ink in Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz.  I added stickles to his chest and tip of his tail.  I stamped the sentiment using StazOn in Cloudy Sky (it doesn't look like it, but it's a dark grey).  I used a piece of striped vellum from Daiso for the base and added a strip down the center (MME All Spice), also where I applied my adhesive under the vellum.  I created a border on the top and bottom of the piece splitting both a diecut (MFT Scalloped Ribbon) and glitter tape (AC).  I added a cluster of MME enamel dots and tied a piece of Doodlebug baker's twine on top.




Card Number 2 went along the paper-piecing and diecut route.  After I did my watercolor version, I thought he might also look cute paper pieced.  And he does.  Afterwards, I thought I could add a hen house because we all know what foxes like - it's actually the MFT Homespun Birdhouse die.  Underneath the circle, I cut a woodgrain fence from MFT and I think it helps to bring the scene together.  I used the centers from the Pretty Posies die for a cluster, attaching Recollections Glitter Adhesive Dots in brown.


Which card do you like best?  I can't decide.

Thanks for checking out my post!
Sherri

5 comments:

  1. Two great cards with the colors! Love that one is more CAS and the other one more involved. Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Sherri. Love the images and the little scene you created on the second card. Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great versions of the same fox image! Love the wee bit of sparkle you added. So happy to have you joining us this week at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little fox is sooo cute and you have showcased it beautifully on both cards!!! Love the little bit of sparkle on the first one and your paper piecing with the popped up head on the second one is adorable!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just too cute! Love that adorable fox! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete