Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sweet Friend

I made a few cards one after another using the same paper, so I'd like to share them together.  The first one is inspired by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge with the theme of Farm Fresh.  I wanted to use denim and country patterns.  So I pulled out my Basic Grey Piccadilly pad, as well as my Fancy Pants Beach Bum, to get the right papers.  MFT's Pretty Pocket is groovy but fun for that country denim feel I was going for.  I wanted to pair it with MFT's Royal Rose die, which I honestly think of as the country rose and am shocked it's called royal rose…every single time.  This flower is absolutely gorgeous when rolled.  I added some Recollections microbeads in Cricket of the center.  Instead of leaves, I used AC twine and made loops (loopies are sorta in trend, aren't they?)  I found that the stamp set has these cool swirls that match the Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu border stickers perfectly.  I added more twine along with the border strip and tied a bow to finish it off.  :)




The next card I made combines two challenges:  The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday challenge - use twine or ribbon (easy, right?) and Sweet Sunday Sketch #211.  In my stamped image book, I had this cute Miss Anya Hats Off image stamped and coloured and I noticed she was blue and grey with a bit of yellow in her hat.  It went nicely with the paper left over.  I decided to do some fun cross-stitching using my We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool (the royal blue one) and piercer.  I had originally planned to add a square piece behind my image, but I decided against covering up all that stitching!  Anya has a cute ribbon/could be daisy in her hat, so I decided to added a Prima daisy flower with a bling center from Daiso.  The sentiment was actually a glitter rub-on (you rub it and add the glitter) from K& Co.  It was too faint to stand out, so I outlined with a pen.  I liked the yellow with the denim look, so I kept the theme going, and added it to a kraft card base.





The last card was just for fun because I love using glitter.  I actually was going to use this butterfly adhesive rub-on with the Anya card, but changed my mind.  No waste.  Using scraps, I made a cute little card to add with a gift.  It needed a little something on the left side there, so I did some more stitching and tied a cute bow.  The sentiment comes from the Papertrey Ink Heart-2-Heart #4.



Here is the Sweet Sunday Sketch this week:  


Thanks for the fun challenges as always!

3 comments:

  1. Love the plaid in the BG and the denim pocket is just too fun :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards Sherri. Love the pocket and the fab print on it... the layered flower is lovely. The butterfly is gorgeous on your last card. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love the pocket and that Anya image is so adorable! Thanks for joining FFF this week! :)

    ReplyDelete