Sunday, March 2, 2014

For the Birthday Queen

I was busy preparing the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge blog today and spent a lot of time blogging instead of crafting.  I didn't think I would get some actual crafting done today, but I did…yay!


The first one is a simple cafe card.  I love this colour combo - thank you Color Throwdown.


I embossed the cup of latte with some Zing glitter embossing powder, matted it on yellow (just show a peek was showing), and distressed the edges.  All it needed was some masking tape and enamel dots for embellishment.

My mom's birthday is coming up, so I finished off her tag.  The base was inked with TH Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I had fun doing some gel medium modeling paste play - inspired by the Simon Monday Challenge - using a stencil (I used a PTI die to create my own) and coloured that with my Cranberry and Espresso alcohol inks.  Farm Fresh Friday wanted us to use a die for this week's challenge, so I put my queen on a glitter cut-out (also a PTI die).  My queen had to be stickled up :) …and she's that much sweeter.  I added a handmade flower with a pearl center, some bling, trim, and a charm.



I had limited space on the front, so I included a message on the back.  The stamp is from My Favorite Things Birthday Sentiments and I added some Thickers to finish with ''Queen''.


The last card is so easy to make and super cute.  I was totally inspired again this week by Cure for the Monday Blues #6.

Using sticky tape from The Sticky Store, I adhered the strips vertically, gradually increasing the width.  I like the variation and think it adds to the look.  Using my Layered Ovals 1 3/4 dies from Papertrey Ink, I cut some gold glitter paper and layered it on a white oval.  The sentiment comes from the 2012 Birthday Tags (PTI) and was stamped using Stampin Up Pixie Pink (retired).  I kept my loose sequins for cards etc. and threw them in for the picture.




What did you make this Sunday?  Oh, if you like rainbows, check out this challenge here.
Cheers,
Sherri

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you got quite a bit of crafting done! Fabulous creations every one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun bunch of cards!! Looks like you had some fun!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the CAS design and enamel dots! Great use of the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects! I love the distress work on your tag and all of your pretty details! Queen Bean is so adorable! Thanks so much for joining our FFF challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I *love* your sequin strips! They are so perfect for the inspiration! Your layered birthday tag with the gold finishes everything off perfectly! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag and great idea to create your own stencil too! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete