Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hello x 4

This card was inspired by two challenges.  The first being Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday - DIY Cover Plates and the second being Cure for the Monday Blues -Electric Eclectic .  Here is the picture for the latter challenge, so you can see where I got my inspiration. 


I loved the colours and quilt pattern.  I thought it would be fun to use Papertrey Ink's Heart-2-Heart #2 for die-cutting and stamping.  I first secured the negative in place to do my stamping and then I popped it up to give it a cool look. 


I added my sentiment to the side.  Although I first stamped it in a lighter blue, it was too pale.  I changed it to a brighter ink. 

Oh, I missed the Cure for the Monday Blues last week.  But here's my card for Challenge #9. 

 
I used the captain's wheel stamp from the MFT -Sea set and the sentiment from the Pink Paislee Nantucket set.  I neatly wrapped some baker's twine and tied a bow.  By using VersaFine Majestic Blue ink, the sentiment really popped.  I kept the accents plain by using a couple white and a blue to match the ink. Really liked this card! 


Thanks for the challenge!

Supplies:  Papertrey Ink - Heart-2-Heart #2; VersaFine Habanero; Stampin Up Pixie Pink; Memento Bahama Blue. 

7 comments:

  1. Your DIY cover plate is ultra cool! Those phones look wonderful in the colors you chose for your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors you chose and that phone. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cover plate is over the top! sweet!! I am loving the design and colors! Great job : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZERS, the HELLO card, rocks my world!!! I am always blown away with this type of overlay inset stamping, and this is marvelously well done!!! I LOVE the telephones!!! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love that clever use of the die and the inset stamping of those phones! Such perfect colours too! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card and just perfect for the Cure for the Monday Blues challenge!

    ReplyDelete