Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I ''Reely'' Love You

Simon Wednesday Challenge was for Mother's Day or Special Girl.  Since I already made a card/tag for my mom's birthday this month, I thought of something fun instead.  My mom came to visit me in Japan over Christmas.  We had a great time hanging out, scrapping, shopping, and just spending time together.  It was so nice!  One of the things I rarely get to do with my mom is go and see a movie.  No matter what, she usually says yes if I ask her to go with me and we always get popcorn.  If we lived closer, I'm sure that we would have theatre nights, just as must as we had movie nights at home growing up.  :)  I made this card to send to her.  Since she lives so far away, I don't think I can include movie tickets.  But I can include the most recent photo taken of us together at the movies.   It's not the best photo, but my mom said it was a cute picture.  I'm sure that is enough to make her tear up a little.  It will be a nice memory.



Here's the sketch I used for MFT Wednesday Stamp Club #167:


I used the My Favorite Things At the Movies stamp set for most of this card.  Only the little heart comes from the Homespun Birdhouse set.  I thought it would be cool to stamp the base using the popcorn boxes and label stamps, which were stamped with Memento Lady Bug.  Then I stamp the sentiment using Brilliance Graphite Black.  I actually double stamped to make sure I got it a crisp image so it wouldn't get lost in all the popcorn box background.  I layered my now stamped white paper on red to frame it all.  Then I used my MFT Mini Ticket Strip die to make two strips and stamped each one with the word ''Ticket'' in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I thought it would be cute to add the heart where it crossed.  I glued the strips down and trimmed off in line with the red base.  I added it to the yellow card to give it a fun look and tie in with the popcorn idea.  :)


Thank you for the challenges!

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture! At first I thought it was a scene from a musical movie. You two look so happy and movie night inspired card is very pretty. Makes me to have popcorn and coke now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ticket card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it make me have a little tear. We had a good time at Christmas and much more after that. Your cards are beautiful and showcase your talent well.

    ReplyDelete