Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Santa's Helpers 12x12 LO

As I cleaning up my scrapspace, I came across this lovely pic of my two coworkers and myself.  I just love how matchy-matchy we are with our cute little aprons.  The title popped into my head right away.  Our job at the school Xmas parties was, in fact, to help Santa.  (Yes, he did make an appearance!)  Although I started off my searching my 12x12 LOs pinboard on Pinterest, I just decided to do something different.  Only the corner parts were something I had seen the day before on a layout pin. 

My theme of course was red and a bit of green.  I found these Basic Grey clear pieces and was totally inspired.  It was a softer green, a little minty, and I loved it.   


The days of the week stamp came from a Studio Calico Project Life kit, as well as the December alphas (Basic Grey).  The number stamp can be found an exclusive Studio Calico stamp set.  I added some stars and dots using my Memento Dual Marker.  This striped masking tape is from DAISO Japan (can't beat 100yen).   I had a hard time picking ink for this tape though and ended up using Staz On in Cloudy Sky.

I was tempted to do some stitching, but found myself too lazy to take out my machine as usual.  Instead, I used the roller piercing tool (what is that thingy called?) under the title and in both corners.  I used American Crafts Hardcover and Marquise Thickers.  Using a scrap piece of vellum, I was able to line up my title before placing them permantly.  I didn't want to lose any, so I also added a bit of Tombo Glue on the backs of each one. The snowflakes all come from Lawn Fawn.

This would veneer tab also came from a Studio Calico Project Life kit.  I added a small pearl and another snowflake.

Masking the taped section, I stamped half of this today medallion seal just for a little something.  I handwrote the year.

I used my piercing tool to add these tiny silver brads to the label piece.  I wanted to show off the ''Gotta Love It'' flag and I like the look.  Before placing this canvas camera sticker, I dabbed it with Creme Brulee Starburst Stain from Lindy's Stamp Gang (can't really see in the pic).  And I offset it for an accent piece. 

Here's a close-up of all the flags, banners, and arrows going down the side of the picture. 

This will be a memorable pic for years to come - I love my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment