Monday, February 24, 2014

Together is the Nicest Place to Bee


Today I am showing a card I made for two challenges - Simon Says Wednesday Challenge and the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge.  Simon's theme was weddings and anniversaries.  The sketch for the Sweet Sunday Sketch incorporates wonky angles.  :)


I went with the theme of yellow for my card.  This lovely card base can be found at MFT - it's Banana Split!  (Love that name!)  I broke on an oldie but goodie from the Unity July 2011 KOTM.  I paper-pieced the two bees from some scrap yellow paper.  The wings and hearts I colored with my copics.  I also added some Ice Stickles to the hearts.  


The sentiment comes from MFT My Favorite Sentiments.  I just used a strip of kraft paper and used my corner punch on it.  Using my multiliner pen I added an 'e' to make it ''Together is the nicest place to bee''.  On the lower half of the card, I used my PTI Happy Hexagons Stamp Set to create the honeycomb look.  

 

I added a bright yellow gingham bow to the side of the image with another gingham scrap piece of paper layered underneath to which I added dashes on the edges with my pen.  Isn't it ''bee-u-tiful''?


 On the inside, I stamped this sentiment for an anniversary.


Have a scrappy week and don't forget to play along if you can!  :)  

Cheers, Sherri

Supplies:  
Paper - MFT Banana Split and Other; Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Graphite Black, and PTI Lemon Tart; Stamps - MFT My Favorite Sentiments, MFT CS with Anniversaries, PTI Happy Hexagons, Unity ''Bee Better'' Together; Copics (BG0000, C01, and R14); Ribbon - Daiso; Stickles - Crystal Ice; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (Stub/Deco).  

3 comments:

  1. Just love this sunny card, Sherri! The gingham adds a fun touch and I'm sure whoever receives this will have a smile! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sketch card! Love the bees!

    ReplyDelete