Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cuppa Cocoa Curtain Call



Happy 2014!!  It's been a while since I posted on my blog…but I was really inspired today when I came across Jody Morrow's post on Facebook (thanks, Jody!)  It took me to her blog where she shared the February Cuppa Cocoa Curtain Call Challenge (click on link for more information).  Here was the inspiration photo:

photo source:  aerie by American Eagle


 We could make any project, so I went with a card.  Since MFT is sponsoring this one and I didn't want to use the same stamp as Jody, I went with the WTG Gets Cozy with Cocoa stamp set.  The sweater and patterned base paper comes from Prima North Country and the grid paper is from the Basic Grey Basics (The red and white were just scraps).  I paper-pieced the sweater, scarf, gloves, and mug. I coloured the cocoa with my copic marker (E25 Caribe Cocoa - appropriate, right?)


I added a little snowflake embellishment sent to me from a scrappy friend and secured it with baker's twine.




After adhering it to some scrap paper, I used some baby pinky shears to trim around the circle.  Then I popped it up using some foam pieces from The Sticky Store.  I like how the pale red circle looks on the paper doily.

The label piece was cut out from the Prima North Country collection (6x6) and was the perfect size and colour for my card.  This is my favourite saying from the stamp set because doesn't everyone want to cuddle while drinking hot chocolate?  



On the inside, I used a scrap piece on the inside and added some Recollections glitter tape.




And the finished card…


Thanks for the fun challenge!  Hope you are inspired too!

Sherri

4 comments: