Saturday, February 22, 2014

Xmas All Year - Owl I Want for Christmas


I've decided to make all my Christmas cards throughout the year.  By making time to do them gradually and earlier on, I'll have a good selection come the season.  This Christmas card is inspired by the Mojo Monday Sketch #333.  I like how the circles are overlapping and there is the large space behind.  There are a lot of different ways you could use this.

I thought Lawn Fawn's Winter  Owl would be so cute on the circle - opting for scalloped circles instead (Stampin' Up 1 3/4'' and 2 3/8'').  Finally got a chance to add some goggly eyes to a project!  These fun papers come from the MME 12 Days of Christmas Collection.  


I added some AC Glitter Ribbon and popped the owl scalloped circle up with foam pieces from The Sticky Stuff Store.  This gives the card a bit of dimension, as well as the goggly eyes.  


I love to paper piece the owl and took some step-by-step pics of the process.








Don't be surprised if this isn't the only post today…I'm in the scrappy mood, so I'll just roll with it.  :)  

Cheers, Sherri

Supplies:  Stamp - Lawn Fawn Winter Owl; Paper - MME 12 Days of Christmas; PTI Cardstock; AC Glitter Ribbon; Stampin Up Scalloped Circle Punches (1 3/4'' and 2 3/8''); Copics (E23, 31, 34, and YR24); Goggly Eyes; Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy.






No comments:

Post a Comment