Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Special Guy


I thought I would make a tag for a change.  This one is inspired by The Greeting Farm Farm Fresh Friday Challenge.  I loved the mix of colors and the patchiness of the pieces with shapes placed close together.

Mojo Monday's challenge this week incorporates Tall & Skinny, so I went as close to the sketch as I could.  I had to make my circle a bit smaller so it would fit on the tag.  

After doing some stamping directly on the tag with my distress pads, I decided this would be more masculine and would go with a boy image.  


I used these thicker pieces of paper leftover from a stencil I made yesterday.  Inked them up and bent them to my liking after stapling.


I cut my pinking circle from thin cork sheet.  I also wrapped three different baker's twine around the bottom.  I think this adds to the texture.  

These trims aren't too girlie, are they?

And the lucky guy?  It's for my brother.  Although I did show this to my boyfriend and he said he wanted me to make one like it for a bookmark.  :) One request, not to make as thick!

Another day, another project.

Tootlepip!

Sherri

Supplies:  Stamp - TGF My Guy Ian; Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Graphite Black; Die - PTI Limitless Layers Circle; Other - Baker's Twine, Cork Sheet; Trim.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! Super! Love the colors! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag! I love all of the details and elements you've added- thanks for playing with us for FFF!

    ReplyDelete