Thursday, February 20, 2014

One of a Kind - SSS #207

Yay, I got another card done for a challenge!  But let me just say, it's not about ''whipping cards out''…that is totally not the point, scrapping guys and gals.  For me, it's about taking a half an hour out of your day to let your creative juices flow and take flight (so juice doesn't fly…but you get the point) - having that ''Me Time'' and feeling happy you accomplished something and it was fun!  :)  Thank you for these challenges, I do enjoy them and hope to continue joining in with everyone.


Today's card is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch #207.  I love how simple this LO is.  Until recently, I've usually relied on bigger images as the focal point. But I like the idea of open space and a plain sentiment.

I decided to create an embellishment using this flair.  It had fallen off my board and was lying there for me to pick up.  Love at first sight!  I had this piece of half-back pearl trim that I didn't use on another project because the middle two pearls looked melted and wonky.  I just thought of using them as ribbon.  And I think it works.




Just love this sentiment…that continues on the inside.

Aww…melts your heart!  Love me some sequins that look like I just splattered them and they stuck.

And my fav part about this card… the colour!  Isn't it divine?  Well, I think so.

Thank you for checking my post out and have an awesome end of work week!

xoxo
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment