Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Cameo Appearance

Just for your information…my desk is a scrap-disaster!  (But I will promptly clean it up as soon as I finish this post.)  All is not in vain, I have produced something elegant and pretty.  I even put flowers on my card.  (I rarely use flowers anymore, but I do love them.)  Today's card inspiration came while I was looking at my friend's blog (YT:  scrapology) and came across a Simon Says Wednesday challenge.  I didn't even know they had challenges at Simon Says!  And big ones - you can win a $50 gift certificate!  How cool is that?  Anyways, I discovered they also had Monday challenges, in addition  to the Wednesday one, so that is what this one is for.


The theme this week was A Cameo Appearance and was totally open for interpretation.  So I am not thinking outside of the box, but I am using my scrap supplies…because what better excuse to use my PTI Simply Jane die collection and stamp set?  I *simply* love this and it has a lot of different ways you can use it.  The frame die is a beautiful shape and I love adding pearls to the the lady. 


My flowers are from Wild Orchid for a bit of complimentary colour.  


On the outside, I choose not to stamp a message (putting it on the inside instead).  I stamped a simple flower on a Tiny Tag and tied it with some Pink Paislee twine (not my fav because of the thinness, but the colour works).  


 I really liked this sentiment, which I have chosen to include inside my card.  


And one more look from the front:  

I also made this card with the Color Throwdown #280 in mind.  The colour's this week were light blue, vanilla, olive, and navy.  :)  


There's still time to check out the Wednesday challenge and enter to win a $50 gift certificate.  Thanks for the opportunity to get creative and use my stuff!  

Sherri

Supplies:
PTI dies and other - Simply Jane, Tiny Tags, Layered Ovals, Quatrefoil, Embossing Pad.
Ink - Stampin Up Not Quite Navy and VersaMagic Moonlight White.
Othere - Pink Paislee Twine, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers; Brads and Bling.

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty cameo...love how you added the pearls!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! The cameo lady with the frame is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete