Tuesday, February 11, 2014

MFT Sketch Challenge



Hi, everyone!  This is for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club (MFTWSC) number 162.  Here is the sketch.
MFTWSC162

After deciding on the image I wanted to use, I turned the sketch on its side.  I thought a horizontal card would work better in this instance and I am very happy with the results.  This girl comes from the Pure Innocence Aim High stamp, but her head was switched with the PI Pinwheel.  The reason behind this was I had boo-booed on her forehead and instead of re-stamping an image, I cut off one from another I had in stock.  I actually like the way her hair is moving in the wind.


The paper comes from the My Minds Eye - Fly a Kite collection (how appropriate is that?)  I used the cloud paper as the base square.  I love the fun kid patterns of ABCs and stars, so I incorporated them using my MFT Fishtail Flags Die-namics.  Then after trimming my paper, I used the scrap piece that comes at the top where there is a hole in the pad as my sentiment spot.  ''Go Fly a Kite'' can be found on the MFT The Great Outdoors stamp set.  Oh, and I used baker's twine and popped up the kite to give it a more 3D effect.

Thanks for the challenge, My Favorite Things!!

Sherri

MFT:  Stamps - PI Aim High and Pinwheel, The Great Outdoors; Die-namics - Fishtail Flags
Paper:  Fly a Kite - MME
Copics:  Hair - E23 and 37; Socks - C00; Shoes and Barrette - BG32; Skin (I don't know because I coloured it a long time ago).
Twine:  Doodlebug Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment