Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey Love

Another project using my gelatos!  The first Paper Smooches Sparks challenge for April is Anything Goes. I have been dying to use my new Love Word die and came up with two ways using my gelatos.  

On the first one, I used the Fiber-Castell Tropical Mix & Match gelatos by making circles and then wetting my finger and rubbing on the circles.  Then I used my glue pen to add the diecut and stamped the Hey letters individually from the Alphadots set with Memento Tuxedo Black.  Then I adhered it to my Simon Black Cardstock and added some black and pewter rhinestones.  I super love the black background with black accents.


For the second card, I rubbed the gelatos and added water using the brush included in the Mix & Match set.  Instead of a black diecut, I added a white one.  When I was making brushstrokes, I got pink into the blue.  I made it work by added this layer to a coral pink card base.


There's still time to join the challenge!



2 comments:

  1. Super super cute cards! I really should try some gelatos! LOVE the color combos and the die cut sentiment! FAB:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge;)

    Hope you play along with us this week for our Picture Perfect challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The watercolor splotches are SUPER fun, and the way you used the die is so cute!

    ReplyDelete