Sunday, April 13, 2014

Some Bunny Loves You

I have two cards a few different challenges to share today.  The first one is for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge.  This week's challenge was to make a no-sewed quilt.  Doodlebug's Hello Spring 6x6 pad is perfect for this time of year.  The colours are so cute and the patterns are the best.  I cut 2x2 squares in three different patterns and laid them down in a quilt-like pattern.  Then I used the PTI Quatrefoil plate with their embossing pad for the embossed background.  The Chocolate Bunny die is from Poppy Stamps (I got it from Simon Says) and I used the PTI Scrambled Eggs sentiment to stamp all over him.  This is a good way to add a sentiment if you don't want to take away from the background.  I used Memento Lulu Lavendar and Grape Jelly and backed on a purple card because purple is my fav colour.



The next card is for MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and the Simon Wednesday Challenge.   Here is the sketch:


I love this fun Pure Innocence Bunny Ears stamp.  Not only is she holding an egg, she's got the cutest bunny suit on.  I made her purple and paper pieced the egg using paper from the Doodlebug pad again.  I know this is an MFT sketch, but I couldn't resist trying out my new Lawn Fawn Awesome dies and stamp set.  Love this instagram love and it's so cool to use only part of the image.  I always use the entire image and this time I had to cut off her ears and bottom half.  But it turned out well.  I coloured my instagram image with pastel colours, paper pieced and popped the lens. I stamped my sentiment in Grape Jelly in the bottom corner (from the same PI set) and added some bling.  I love this card.  
  


Easter is my second favorite season after Christmas.  I love the fun activities and cute things associated with spring.  I especially love decorating eggs.  I think it's a good thing we can't buy chocolate bunnies in Japan because I would probably eat too much.  :)

3 comments:

  1. These cards are so cute Sherri!! I love all the details you include in your cards! Love the sentiment stamping inside the bunny die cut! So Clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you comments, as always!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Super cute cards and wonderful spring color combos! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the HAPPY EASTER and/or SWEET TREATS challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete