Thursday, April 17, 2014

*Flower* Party

Hi, guys!  I am back with another card for The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday. This week we had a colour challenge.  I love the combo!


I decided to use my Limited Edition Hatter Bean because she just shouts spring, doesn't she?  This time, I tried out that no-colouring line technique using Memento Desert Sand as my ink for stamping the image.  I have to be honest.  This is really hard and I'm not sure if I like it.  I do think this technique is better for more simpler images though, because this one is kinda detailed and hard to get the normal tip into the small spaces.  But I had fun trying!


I chose to diecut the image and a mat using my Spellbinders Labels Two.  I had this fun paper leftover from some Easter projects (Echo Park) that I thought would be cute.  I had to break out my flowers cuz she's got flowers in her hat.


Then, after all that, I wondered what I should do for the sentiment.  After taking a quick look at the photo provided, it was clear to me that I had to add a banner.  The EK Success Mini Banner punch is perfect for this type of thing.  I stamped each letter in Stampin Up Pixie Pink (retired) with MFT Typewriter ABCs.  


Loved this colour combo and the photo inspiration.  Be sure to check out the next Farm Fresh Friday!

Supplies:  Copic Markers (BG10, 13, 15, 32, 45; E00, 11, 55, 57, 93; G02; RV 04, 09, 19, 55, 63); Spellbinders Labels Two, EK Success Mini Banner Punch; Ink (Stampin Up Pixie Pink and Memento Desert Sand); Flowers (Wild Orchids); Adhesive (The Sticky Store, Mini Glue Dots, and Tombow Multi Glue); Paper (Neenah Solar White, Pure Luxury, Echo Park); Baker's Twine (Doodlebug).

1 comment: