Friday, April 11, 2014

Xmas All Year - Happy Holidays

Yay, Christmas Cards again...bringing my total number so far this year to 9.  I think I'll have enough by the time the holidays roll around again.  :) 

Both cards I made using Basic Grey Jovial paper and embellishments from the Nordic collection.  I used Simon cardstock for the base.  

The first card is for Retro Sketches.  



The joyful piece is a chipboard accent.  I love the blue and white with red.  The wood ornament was sent to me from a friend.  I just put some tape runner adhesive behind it so can be removed and used again on a present etc.  I added some gold AC glitter ribbon for a bit of sparkle.  


The second card was made for a Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  The sketch is vertical, but I decided to turn it on it's side.  I still think it fits. 
I used a rub-on with all the presents for the horizontal piece (BG Nordic), so I figured I needed to add a vertical tree to go with it.  I did some stamping and embossing with stamps from Prima North County for the trees (it's actually only one stamp dono three times) and the sentiment.  Lindy's Embossing Powder in Candy Cane Red Gold is perfect for holiday cards.  I also added some tinsel string in gold.  I just love the Christmas flower paper from the Jovial collection and very happy I didn't have to cover it up. :)  


Thanks for the challenges!

3 comments:

  1. I always admire people who can get ahead on their Christmas cards! And now you have two lovely ones in your stash. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty Christmas cards Sherri. So jealous you are so ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Christmas-y goodness! Lovely! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete