Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project Life 2013 Begins!


This year brings another year of Project Life for me.  How will my process and take on it evolve this time...we'll just have to wait and see.  But before last year was through, I jumped on the list for Studio Calico Project Life kit.  Two weeks into January when my first kit arrived, I couldn't have been more excited.  I did not take a picture of it, but I did do an opening video with all my first reactions on my tshernjpan YouTube channel.  
 I couldn't be more thrilled to start my project life 2013 with a brand new kit.  Combining things I already own with a few new is the perfect recipe for success this year.  Here is the overall look of my finished cover page. 


Creating my cover page was so fun and easy because I had stuff that I loved and knew would work for me.  I used two 4x6 cards (though I think the one was meant to be folded into a 3x4), the transparency piece, and almost the entire stamp set (it was love at first sight). 
  

I even used the advertisement card they sent and embellished it for a super sweet 3x4 card.



My fellow YouTuber friend from Hawaii, sweetcraftychick, sent me a Quikutz Japan die and I thought this was the perfect place to use it!  Love how I was able to use design paper for the map of Japan.  The geo locator stamp came in this month's stamp set came in handy!  :)
  

Keeping with the theme, I added some authentic Japanese washi paper.  If you look closely, you can see it has rows of hearts running vertically up and down.  :)
After printing my photo out three times, I finally decided on the sepia tone one to give my cover page a more ''serious/professional'' look.  It went really well with my New Year's card I made which was cream. 

Here's to an maintaining a good pace and creating an awesome Project Life 2013!
Check out my process vid on YouTube!
  

Products used:  
Studio Calico Project Life Kit of the Month (January 2013)
Paper:  White Cardstock, Basic Grey Olivia, Washi
Ink, Stamps, & Dies:  Brilliance Graphite Black, Stampin Up (Poppy Parade, Blushin Bride, and Chocolate Chip), Kodomo no Kao Sakurasaku, Versafine Majestic Blue, Ali Edwards Home Stamp Set, Studio Calico, PaperTrey Ink Heart Border, Quikutz 2x2 Japan, Komodo no Kao Sparkle Embossing Powder
Embellishments: Stickles, Martha Stewart Glitter, Amy Tangerine Puffy Stickers, Studio Calico Wood Veneers, Badge, Washi Tape 
Pen: Copic multiliner  

No comments:

Post a Comment