Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stickles Ice Versus Stickles

After wanting to compare the regular Stickles and Ice Stickles, I tried two types out and  decided to share the results with you guys.  I ordered this particular Ice Stickles from simonsaysstamp.com.  After looking online to decide which of the Ice Stickles to order, I decided on the Crystal Ice bottle.  The regular kind of Stickles comes from the three pack at Michael's (gold, prism, green) and I used the prism bottle which is the actual same colour as the Crystal Ice.  

Here is a picture of the Ice Stickles close-up.  (If you click on the pictures, you can view them even more close-up.)  The pieces of glitter are a lot chunkier than the regular kind, so it comes out a lot thicker.  And it's really shiny!  



Stickles is finer, smoother, and the end result is pretty much flat.  But it is sheer and a little more subtle with a strong resemblance to fairy dust.

  
Check out the two side by side:  

Ice Stickles Versus Stickles - before drying

Ice Stickles Versus Stickles - after drying

All in all, I think both of them are great for different things.  This butterfly looks cute with either Stickles!  If you want something a little more sparkly, I'd go with the Ice Stickles.  If the intended result is subtle and elegant, I would go with the plain Stickles.  Which one do you use?  What do you think?  

Products:  Stickles and Ice Stickles - Ranger, Giddy Bugs Stamp Set - Paper Smooches, Beautiful Project Life Clear Stamp - Studio Calico x Hero Arts Two Peas in a Bucket Exclusive

1 comment:

  1. Aha! Thanks for this link Sher! I haven't bought craft supplies for a while since I'm trying to use up all that I have, but ... I might have to get a bottle of ice stickles to try! Hugs and Aloha, Linda

    ReplyDelete