Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bookmark Buddies

A while back, my boyfriend asked me to make him a bookmark like the tag I made for my brother.  He only asked it be a lot thinner.  So I made him one.


Although he first said he liked it, he later told me that it was too big.  So I started making a smaller tag and that was too big too, I guess…I said I would trim the edges off to make it narrow.  He also thought it would be a good idea just to make the character a bookmark.  So I ended up making two.  I think they turned out so cute! 


Here's the narrow bookmark.  It was a regular (roughly 2 1/2 x5 1/4 inch) tag, but I trimmed it just at the angled part so it measures 2 x 5 1/4 inches. I added some PTI star edge and MFT chevron border strip die cuts to the tag.  First, I covered the tag with the cool textured netting paper sent to me recently from a friend.

 Here's the bottom back (cuz books are fun!)

Here's the lone character.  I made him to stick on a tag/bookmark originally…otherwise I probably would have tried to keep the back clean.  I was wary of putting a hole through his head (a bit morbid?)…but it doesn't look strange.  I figured if I taped the string on the back it would eventually come off.  

Front:                                                                          Back: 

And here they are standing upright together (oh, I guess I could have taken a pic of them in books, huh?)  But they do look like buddies, don't they?  :)  


These would be a cute little gift/addition for your male friends, since they aren't very girly.  But feel free to make some pretty ones! 

Supplies:  Stamp (TGF, Stampology); Diecuts (MFT, PTI); Copic Markers; Paper Piercer (WRMK); Twine (Supply Owl, Other); Ink (Tsukineko); Paper; Tag; Glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment