Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sugar & Spice Crafty Challenge #6

The theme is Sweet Treats!!  And how sweet it was making these two tags for the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge.  Click here to be taken to the challenge entry.

Using the Lawn Fawn Sweet Christmas stamp set, I made a super cute Holiday tag.


I decided to colour all of my gingerbread characters different shades of brown using E31, E33, and E37.  I added mini pearl accents from Recollections and Doodlebug.


I used the same markers to colour my gingerbread house.  I tried making a woodgrain look on my door and added a goosebump to the doorknob.  I traced the loops until the windowsill with my GellyRoll pen for the icing look.

Since I love adding gumdrops to the rooves of my houses, there was no choice but to add them to my tag.  A little bit of Distress Stickles gave them just the right amount of sugaring!


I lieu of a snowbank, the doily adds a nice handmade touch.  I had the lollipops coming down the hill with a  couple of candy canes criss-crossed.  I used some gold tinsel twine on the hole for a little bit of sparkle.

The second tag uses a Tiddly Inks stamp (not sure of the name).  I used my Faber-Castell watercolour pencils and a brush pen for the colouring.


I finished it off using diecut pieces from my diecut tin and a stamp from an MFT set (the 'have a sweet' is the same one  used on my first tag).  I added a single Seria accent for some sparkle.


Thanks for dropping by!  If you feel like a sweet tooth, head on over to the blog and join in on the scrappy fun!  :)

Sherri

Copics:  B00; C1; E31,33,37; R32; YG00,01,13.

No comments:

Post a Comment