Sunday, August 25, 2013

Japanese Wedding Envelopes

Hi, everyone!
Hope you are having a nice weekend!
Hideki and I went to a wedding yesterday for his niece.  It was such a nice time.  They have the custom of giving money in an envelope as a wedding gift.  (You can't just buy them something...)  Because Hideki and I aren't officially married (although it seems like it sometimes...lol), we gave separate envelopes.  I bought a really cute envelope that is less traditional and I made another one that was really untraditional.

Here are the pictures side by side:






Usually Japanese write their down on the front, like Hideki has done.  I didn't want to put my name on the front, instead I added a sentiment.  I added my name on the back.  Either one is cute and crafty, I think.  

I do like the traditional ones, like:
Paper cord, paper flowers, embossed paper.  A Japanese folded paper envelope to hold a gift of money.
Photo from Pinterest - search Japanese wedding envelope

For more information on gift-giving and envelopes in Japan, go to the site where this photo came from: 

Till next time!

Craft items:  Copics, Japanese paper, Doily from Seria (100 yen store), TGF I Do, Martha Stewart Glitter, Glossy Accents, MFT Sweet Stack Dienamics and Big Greetings Stamp Set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment