Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hooray for my first 5K!

So I know I have not posted in a while...but I have been busy with a lot of different things.  The most recent being my participation in a 5K marathon.  I am happy to say I finished and did not come in last!  (^_^)v  I had some major sunburn and I was majorly sore the next couple of days (because I was unable to properly stretch afterwards due to the sand blowing across the grounds).  Check out my finish photo below.


The weather was so nice.  It was cloudy in the morning, but quickly turned into a bright day.  Luckily, a nice breeze made up for it.  After I finished, I met another participant and she invited me to go have a drink with her and friends.  The best way to celebrate after a big run, they say.  I was able to get some good advice from veteran runners and it inspired me to go for a 10K next time.  It will be the perfect way to celebrate my 10-year Japanniversary this fall!  Wish me luck and here's to the next 6 months of training, hard work, and discipline!        

No comments:

Post a Comment