Thursday, February 14, 2013

Live a Little, Love a lot

This year's Valentine's card that I gave to my sweetie was so much fun to put together.  I had a lot of fun just colouring the images with my copics.  The only idea I had in mind was this Greeting Farm stamp set, Oliver & Amelia - Lovey Dovey .  I knew it would be kinda masculine but still cute... 


I love using my Fiskars Stamp Press, especially when I stamp my TGF images.  It really helps them get even coverage.  I hate messing up when stamping the images because the paper can be expensive.  

Here are the colours I used for colouring skin.  It was my first time using the E30,31 (I used it on Oliver) and I like how it turned out.  I just added some E01 to make him look a little bit more pink.



Here they are with their skin coloured. 


Next I went on to hair.  For Amelia, I used E21, 23, 27, and 29.  I used a feathering technique going from lightest to darkest.

Here is the image with E21 and 23.


Then I added the E27 at the darkest places, like roots, and parts that should be shaded.


Lastly, I added E29 at the very darkest places.  


After that, I all do is used the lighter colours to blend out the darker colours and create nice shine.  It's hard not to overdo it (the blending, that is)...but I am very happy with the finished hair.  She is just so gosh darn cute, isn't she?  {Why can't my hair be like that??}


The copics on the left are the ones used for Amelia.  I only used the two on the right, E44 and E49 for Oliver.


He totally looks like he's wearing denim, doesn't he?  So that's what I decided to go with anyways...  Like my hair, I just coloured lightest to darkest with the darkest part being the seams and shaded parts.   


Here he is with some blending...


Here were the copics I used:


So she had to wear matching denim with sweet pink hearts.  :)  


And then he got a matching tie.  It's pink with a red heart.  <3


I carefully secured the spellbinder by attaching tape to the die and the outer paper (not the finished image) before running them through my Vagabond.  I am freakishly scared of gunk getting on my finished images, so as a rule, I always, always put a piece of note paper or copy paper overtop to prevent my just completed imaged from getting ruined.


I cut out matching denim paper and added some red and white baker's twine.


Of course, I added stickles to the hearts.  Iridescent for her and red for him.  


I tied a small heart heart (leftover from a die-cut) with a bow and did a small note with my copic multi-liner.


If you hadn't already guess, the boy is supposed to represent my *honey* (isn't he cute, lol)...


and this is *ME*...heehee.

A peek of the inside.  Just using up leftover die-cuts.  This stamp comes with the stamp and it was perfect.

I absolutely love you for checking out my blog post.  Wishing some kindness and love for the whole month of February.  

Products Used:
Stamp:  TGF, OA - Lovey Dovey
Copics:  Skin - E000,00,01,02,30,31; Hair - 21,23,27,29,44,49; Clothing - B34, 37, 39, C1, 3, 5, RV19, RV29
Other:  Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stain, Owl Supply Baker's Twine, PTI Heart Border, Fiskars Punch, Spellbinders Labels 8, Fiskars Easy Stamp Press, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stickles 

No comments:

Post a Comment